Ranger Of The Lost Art
After 30 years of research and discovery and three years of writing, Ranger Doug’s book Rediscovering the WPA Poster Art of our National Parks, with 224 pages and over 400 illustrations, plus a miniature silkscreen print of Grand Teton National Park, is available!
RANGER OF THE LOST ART–REDISCOVERING THE WPA POSTER ART OF OUR NATIONAL PARKS
- 224 pages
- Over 400 illustrations
- Coffee-table style hardback with marker ribbon
- Includes a miniature silkscreen print of Grand Teton National Park-the first WPA NPS poster produced in 1938
- Foreword by Douglas Brinkley with first edition endorsements by Sally Jewell, Jon Jarvis, Ken Burns, Dayton Duncan and Alfred Runte.
- Printed at Paragon Press (SLC), Hand bound at Roswell Bindery of Phoenix (America’s last book bindery). Made in the USA
Sections on the …
- New Deal and WPA
- Federal Art Project
- Civilian Conservation Corps
- Western Museum Laboratories–
- The 14 Historic Prints–with recently discovered photos showing them being printed
- And more!
- All 14 historic prints, how they were originally made, lost and rediscovered
- Other NPS posters of the era: Dorothy Waugh, Alexander Dux, Frank Nicholson, and Jacob Asanger
- Over 40 contemporary designs “in the style of” the WPA-and how we made them
- Tour the Department of the Interior Museum exhibit with the Secretary of the Interior
- Take a 44,000 mile road-trip in an antique Airstream and visit 100 national parks
- Attend the donation ceremony putting these rare prints back into the public domain
- Includes a miniature silkscreen print (Grand Teton–the first poster made in 1938)
- Thirty years of rediscovery and three years of writing in a single volume
Shipping and Delivery
Shipping and Delivery
We can ship your item anywhere in the continental United States. We offer flat rate shipping to cover our shipping and handling costs. Please allow 3-5 days for us to process and package your item as our physical store is currently being remodeled.
Shipping out of Jackson, Wyoming can occasionally be delayed due to weather and road closures. We will always provide you with a tracking number and do our very best to get things to you as efficiently as possible.